Wednesday 14 January 2015

Religious Faiths and Belief Systems

Religious Faiths and Belief Systems
  We are now in a scientific era and have come a long ways since the days of Ramayana and Mahabharata. We d do not know much about nara and narayana of the Kruta yuga who accomplished  Narayana state after performing yajnya for 5 nights (pancharatra) before Rama's Treta yuga. As we understand the Consciousness of people have declined to the lowest tody. It was pure and were saints in the Kruta yuga. They became Kshatriyas like King Dasharatha and his sons Rama, Lakshmana, etc. It further declined to vaishya yadava and cowherds during Krishna's days. Infact, Uddhava meets Krishna before his departure to heaven thus, "Well, My Lord, now that you are leaving what is our fate?" Krishna says, you too come with me along with all your kith and kin, Uddhava says, "No.I stay back. I want to see these jivas get your protection after you leave here".
  Krishna says, once the Sudarshan leaves His hand and starts moving Kaala will unfold itself and whatever hidden in it will manifest with times. In Kaliyuga, the last phase before maha pralaya, everything will be destroyed. Kaliyuga will end disastrously. Before that, drunkards will rule the kingdoms and nobody will be able to stop atrocities on the roads of capital cities, much worse elsewhere. I cannot stop dharma of Kaliyug and convert abruptly kali into krutayug.. Only those who worship me, think of Me, chant my name, shall be protected.
   Thus people take to worship of Gods and Goddesses of their choice as their family deities, village goddesses and gods like Hanuman, their community gods, and the like. There is nothing wrong in worship of paduka (of Dattatreya), the photos of Gods, or icons of their choice. Madhvacharya dances in the streets of Udupi carrying Krishna's idol that is supposed to have arrived by ship from Dwarka. What is important is the faith and belief of these devotees and it has nothing to do with others as long as they wish to remain aloof. All the fishermen joined Madhvacharya's procession chanting 'Krishna', 'Krishna', and became staunch Krishna Bhaktas, (later given holy thread and became Brahmins?).
  When it comes to jiva struggling for survival with hunger thirst diseases old age and death in this mrutyu lok it is advised here to look within to know 'how come you came here and where were you before arriving here'? Definitely we arrived here as a stellar dust particle entered the earth's atmosphere via sun rays and reached earth via clouds, raindrops, and became food. This food eaten by men and women created the jiva of their like. I enetered my would-be father's food became his blood, bone marrow, virya or semen and desire. Later i entered my would-be mother due to 'desire' as a sperm of my father and she gave me shelter and food. I was a part of her body for nine months and came out as the child. I had no knowledge of the homeland, customs traditions, caste or creed or anything like male or female and all these are the acquired traits from the family. I could have taken birth anywhere as anything- a fish or a frog, reptile, monkey or man! i could have taken birth anywhere- in Africa, America or China or Australia? Who am I. I am still that stellar dust particle that created/ wove itself into an earthern shell! What matters whether my father cries Alla ho Akbar or Jaya Jya Ram or Holy christ? I am what i Am I am nobody; i am pure energy bibrant particle of energy, prana. If it leaves me ia am dead. I amused by this higher power called Deva or God as a Taxi and left on the roadside when He leaves me. Who am I? I am that; I am that tyat, brahmn, the immortal. I am that omnipotent, omniscient and self egffulgent. Unfortuntely, i amcivered by ajnyan since I forget who i am. The moment i realize i am that eternal sat chit ananda, my journey here is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment