Tuesday 24 November 2020

What is Beyond?

 

 Om. Narada approached Sanatkumara as a pupil and said: Venerable Sir, please teach me. Sanatkumara said to him: Please tell me what you already know. Then I shall tell you what is beyond. Narada said: Venerable Sir, I know the Rig-Veda, the Yajur-Veda, the Sama-Veda, the Atharva-Veda as the fourth Veda, the epics (Puranas) and ancient lore (Itihasa) as the fifth, the Veda of the Vedas (i.e. grammar), the rules of the sacrifices by which the Manes are gratified, the science of numbers, the science of portents, the science of time, logic, ethics, etymology, Brahma-vidya (i.e. the science of pronunciation, ceremonials, prosody, etc.), the science of elemental spirits, the science of weapons, astronomy, the science of serpents and the fine arts. All this I know, venerable Sir. [Sama Veda, Chandogya Upanishad VII, I - Dialogue between Narada and Sanatkumara, 1-2]

No comments:

Post a Comment