Friday 11 June 2021

Can We Speak to God?

 Can we speak to God? This is a very interesting question. If one could speak to a cat or a dog, cattle or even birds, why not to God? This question is answered by many great sages. Not only did Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa used to speak to Devi Kali Ma, but it is said that he was possessed of Her spirit. May be there are many who go to seclusion and visualize, speak to Deities of their choice. Little do we understand about all these! Here is one such occasion when I experienced this.

 It was some time in 1994-95 at Haveri where I was posted as Principal of a College. The Voting process of General Election was over and the Ballot Boxes were kept in the College and the date of counting was nearing. There was tight security and an armed Guard was posted who took position on the terrace of the College building. I had a small sports room converted to residence and stayed there. May be, around 3 P.M, some body tried to break into my residence. My wife and daughter were inside. When a person covering a black mask  tried to forcibly enter the house my wife pushed him out with all her might and closed the door. Since I was in the college office, she tried to contact me, but telephone wire was cut off. Some students who were nearby heard the voice and informed me. Soon a police complaint was lodged and the Addl. Police Suptd, came from Dharwad, the district HQ. He went round the premises and enquired about the incident. He was so overwhelmed and appreciated the bravery of my wife and said she should be recommended for a bravery award  and she saved his job. He would have been sacked had there been any untoward happening that day. However, the matter did not end here. He suggested that I should not stay there since it was difficult to catch the miscreants if the commit crime and take a vehicle passing on the NH4 nearby. He advised me to shift immediately and I left the place with my family by the evening same day. But, i had to come back for my job soon. It is in this background that i stood in front of Lord Venkateshwara on the Calendar and talked to Him. I just told Him, the Lord, that i was just a small lame chic wandering picking up a grain or two and He the Supreme Commander of the Universe. What is it He wanted from me and why is he tormenting me? He said bluntly, "This is not the place for you, come to Me". I persisted, and said, "please give whatever one wants from me and do not allow anybody to come to me, I shall be with You. This is the turning point in life. Since, then, i have not turned back. He looks after all my responsibilities and I rest peacefully with Him! 

  What happened next is much interesting for I lost my job for no fault of mine since I just asked for a transfer from Haveri and i was asked to hand over charge so that my request would be considered. Foolish enough, i handed over charge and left the place and the transfer or new posting never came up! I had to approach the High Court, file Contempt proceedings and with all the judgments in my favor, I never got my dues! Well what about the promise of Lord Venkateshwara/  He took care of me and all my kith and kin all these days and sure enough will  not let his ardent devotees down. What is required is  unwavering steadfast devotion and 'faith' in Him!

  So talking to God pays. "God knows the truth but waits", is the  dictum. Trust in God and go ahead.    

No comments:

Post a Comment