Sunday 18 September 2022

' I '

 Everybody uses this letter (syllable 'I' that is a pronoun which stands for a noun. But what is that noun aspect is not very clear. It is just taken as a name that the person goes by. Actually, it is not so. Different people call a person by different names and which name is actually the correct one is not clear. Most of the people use surnames. Some people use the names of their native place or place of birth, or name of their ancestral family name. Thus, there is a lot to say about these. After all what is there in a name, they ask? Here the question is one of of deeper spiritual nature. What is this 'I'? 

  The syllable 'I' refers to the soul. Even a child touches its heart when it says 'I'. So the term is very clear. It is interesting to go further deep into this aspect. In Lakshmi Tantra, a Pancharatra Text, Devi Lakshmi says, "I am the I aspect of Sri Hari." It is aham, ahanta, self or 'I' aspect of Paramatma Sri Hari Narayana Who manifests as 'jiva' or 'jivatman'. Thus, the soul or the 'Self' is referred to as this 'I'. In the Bhagavad-Gita, Bhagavan Sri Krishna says, "I am the Self of all". But people introduce themselves as so and so connecting it to their profession, family name, or place, 

  Now, the spiritual aspect of 'I' is clear. the term 'I' stands for the manifest aspect of paramatman only who manifests, appears as jiva. Paramatma or Bhagavan says, "I only exist. There is nothing besides Me. This 'I'  thus refers to Brahmn. Sarvam khaluvidam brahmaa. The supreme Lord resides in the cavity of the heart, soul, as 'chaitanya; or Consciousness. This chaitanya is the Energy, prana, or the life force. It is this piritual power that runs the jiva is the I aspect. Hence all that exists is Sri Hari, the Noun and the pronou of that is 'I'. Whoever knows is a jnyani, yogi.     

No comments:

Post a Comment