Friday 3 July 2020

Paramartha Sadhane

Sage Vasishtha imparts the 'Knowledge of the Self' to Ramachandra. He says,
   "Think, I am the entire universe. I am the imperishable Paramatman, Other than me nothing has been created, nor is there anything now, nor will there be in the future". Think with effort, "I am the one and only consciousness. I am all that exists. I am the undifferentiated vibration-force, Infinite brahmn."(Ch. VIII Verse 8-9). 
   Further, The spontaneously arising idea- "This person who is endowed with the aggregate of the body, senses, etc. am I"- is the dirt-covered Self (jiva). The idea that I am the embodied Self (jiva) becomes extinguished like a lamp without oil when one firmly realizes that the visible universe is no other than 'brahmn',  who as consciousness is as pure as the clear sky."(Ch. IX Verse 1-2).
   This is the gist of all that is said in the Vasishtha Gita (Yogavasishtha). We can spend the entire life in contemplation and experience of these statements. Life becomes very happy, joyful and blissful, Old age passes easily without any misery! This is the 'paramamartha sadhane, attaining the goal of human life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment